The 50th Annual Sea Cavalcade will be held July 27th to 29th. Road closures and no parking areas will be in effect to vehicular traffic in both Upper & Lower Gibsons areas. Expect delays; please use alternate detour routes.
Times for road closures are approximate. Roads will be re-opened to all traffic on a rolling schedule as the events progress.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL BE ZERO TOLERANCE OF ALCOHOL!!
Saturday, July 28th, 2018
Morning to early afternoon — Parade Event
LOCAL TRAFFIC AND PARADE PARTICIPANTS ONLY.
- 8:00am to 10:30am Parade Assembly Area: Park Road
- 8:00am to 11:00am Park Road becomes ONE-WAY SOUTHBOUND.
- 11:00am to 11:30am SUNNYCREST MALL: Parade Route closed to all traffic, NO VEHICLE EXIT FROM MALL.
- 11:30am to 12:00 noon Once parade floats pass the Park Rd./Gibsons Way intersection there will be an exit from Sunnycrest Mall via Community Centre parking lot to NORTHBOUND traffic only.
10:30am to 1:30pm—FULL road closure: Highway 101 and Parade route, Mile Race
- Sunshine Coast Highway 101/Gibsons Way from Payne and Pratt Road intersections to North Road/School Road intersection to Lower School Road/Marine Drive intersection — ALL parked vehicles must be removed.
- Gower Point Road from School Road/Marine Drive to Dougall Road intersection (parade ends).
- Mile race: Sunshine Coast Highway 101/Gibsons Way — Venture Way to School Road Heritage Building
- These roads will be open after 12:30pm, once the last float passes North and School Rd. Intersection.
During the parade on Saturday, July 28th, buses will operate to and from Langdale Terminal between 10:30am and 1:30pm using Payne Road and North Road.
Traffic Control Persons and flag stop procedures will be in effect on Payne Road and Gibsons Way Road.
Parade, Family Day Activities, Salmon BBQ & Booths
- FULL ROAD CLOSURE 7:00am to 9:00pm and NO PARKING 7:00am to 11:00pm from the intersection of School Road/Marine Drive on Gower Point Road to Winn Road. ALL parked vehicles must be removed.
Sunshine Coast Transit System (BC Transit Users): EXTRA BUS SERVICE
Due to EVENING EVENTS in Lower Gibsons.
Sunday, July 29th, 2018
7:00am to 6:00pm
- FULL ROAD CLOSURE and NO PARKING from the intersection of School Road/Marine Drive on Gower Point Road to Winn Road. ALL parked vehicles must be removed.